Columnist: 2005 – Present
- North Country Kitchen, weekly column focusing on thehistory and health of various foods and including recipes.
- Friends and Neighbors,a column about local people.
- Samples of columns available at: www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com
Author: 2004 – Present.
- Garden Gourmet: Fresh & Fabulous Meals from your North Country Garden, CSA or Farmers’ Market. Bloated Toe, 2013.
- My Nine Lives: A memoir, with Dana Fast, Montreal: Polish Jewish Heritage Foundation of Canada, 2011.
- Employment for Individuals with Asperger Syndrome or Non-Verbal Learning Disability: Stories and Strategies, Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2004.
- Zespol Aspergera I NLD: problematyka dotyczaca zatrudnienia. 2008 Polish Language edition, See http://www.jkp.com/catalogue/book.php?isbn=1-84310-766-X or http://www.amazon.com/Employment-Individuals-Asperger-Non-Verbal-Disability/dp/184310766X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1210589529&sr=1-1 .
Journalist / Freelance Writer: 1992 – Present.
- Have been more than 100 articles published in various magazines, including E: The Environmental Magazine, Autism Spectrum News, Vibrant Life, American Small Farm, Woman’s Touch, American Health & Fitness, Health & Home. A full list of publications is on my web site.
Speaker: 2005 – Present:
- Have participated in literary readings and events, and have spoken on issues of employment and disabilities to groups in Europe, Canada and the USA.
Communications Consultant: 1997 – Present. Sample projects included:
- Online Networks & Subscriptions Manger, GRASP, New York, NY 2007 – 2014
- Editor / Proofreader, Adirondack Organized Solutions, Saranac Lake, NY
- Translator / Interpreter, M. E. Services Communications, Inc., Rochester NY
- Survey & Database Design, Superior Technical Resources @ Xerox, Rochester NY
- Newsletter & Brochure Production & Design, Seasoned Singles of BCC, Rochester, NY
- Editorial Assistant, Nutrition: The International Journal, Syracuse, NY
- In addition to one-on-one tutoring of ESL students, taught a class for incoming foreign students at Paul Smiths College. Organized, maintained and updated the tutor’s library collection. Wrote articles for the Essex Ember, a quarterly newsletter.
MLS, SUNY Geneseo, NY BA Geography, SUNY Oswego, NY
TESL Certificate, Seattle University (12 Graduate Credits in TESL), 1997
SUNY Brockport REOC & The Academy for Career Development
Web Development Certificate, a total of 120 instructional hours October 2000
Client Support Technician Certificate, a total of 350 instructional hours February 11th, 2000
Adirondack Center for Writing Writers & Books
Summary of Qualifications
Writing and Editing:
¨ Communicated effectively with people in various departments & management levels
¨ Wrote, submitted, and published assorted articles and book reviews
¨ Managed the writing, production, and distribution of weekly bulletins
¨ Created a bi-lingual technical manual (English / Croatian)
¨ Formulated and drafted standard operations procedures
¨ Prepared and published reports and newsletters
¨ Excellent Written Communication skills
¨ Excellent Proofreading skills
¨ Edited various manuscripts
¨ Strong research skills
¨ Proficient in database & internet searching techniques
¨ Well versed in general reference sources and research methods
¨ Wrote and obtained grants from various agencies in the U.S., Canada, & the U.K.
¨ Supervised, managed and organized the start-up of a new library
¨ Organized and managed library collections in a variety of settings
Languages: Polish, Serbo-Croatian, Other Slavic languages
¨ Microsoft Office Suite
¨ MS Word, MS Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher
2011 – Present Board Member, TLCIL.org, Saranac Lake NY
2004 – Present Cook, Community Lunchbox, Saranac Lake NY
2003 – 2005 Computer Instruction, Tri Lakes Center for Independence, Ray Brook NY
Jan 2000 – Sep 2001. Computer Testing & Repair, MicRecycle, www.micrecycle.org Rochester, NY
1993 – 1996 ESL Tutor, Literacy Volunteers of America, Saranac Lake, NY (518) 891-5567.
386 County Route 50, Lake Clear NY 12945
(518) 891-3827 firstname.lastname@example.org